User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
My previous post also leads me to question the issue of whether AM left the cupboard bare for the incoming coach. That is his current set of players were not on a par with the recruits that had graduated. Based on who these players were prior to matriculating to UD I would believe that we would say that AM had improved his recruiting. That is was the cupboard bare as in devoid of talent or was it just that the talent was under-developed?

So if you had a choice which recruit would you take?

1. PG Schooch vs the Minnesota PG. The Minnesota PG came in more highly touted but I would still give the edge to Schooch just because he is from New York City an they know how to grow great PGs there.

2. 2 Guard, Davis displayed hustle and speed and from Chicago but was undersized for the position and had no outside shot. Versus JD who is taller an has a decent outside shot, Recruiting edge to JD

3. Forward, an unknown player, Pieere, from Canada or a highly touted local recruit as Rollo might say a man's man in Trey Landers. Most on this board would prefer Trey.

4. Forward, A player from a good team in Chicago but not a star and undersized for the power forward position versus Xeryius again a highly touted local recruit. Most on this board would say take Xeryius.

If you want you can switch Xeryius to the small forward spot with Trey as they seem to be more adept at those roles.

5. Bench: Davis vs Kostas Who would not prefer, if you had a choice of just one, that it be Kostas as opposed to Davis.

6. Certainly the New Center that AM had recruited was going to be a project even if he had a good attitude and work ethic, and Carter was expected to be a project and the Czech would need a year to learn how to play american ball but then AM had no center and no bench beyond one for his best year. Edge by default goes to the new recruits.
Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-01-2019)