User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Captain

PerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the rough
BRob, KW and CW all have great arguments to be the best player of the decade, but I go with BRob in the narrow vote. The other two have more post season accomplishments, but I believe the team was never ranked as high in the season as BRob's team his senior year at #14. To lead the program back to national rankings after the years of adversity and mediocrity his class saw during their time here was nothing short of amazing.

What I love about this vote is the similarities of how KW's and BRob's careers started vs how CW came to the program. Both BRob and KW were unheralded recruits in large classes of heralded recruits (Nucleaus Smith, anyone?), both of them saw other members of their class transfer/quit/get kicked off the team over their tenure, and ultimately both finished their careers as legends of the program. CW came in as a legend and has certainly lived up to it thus far.

Personally my favorite player of the decade is by far Ramod, followed by CJ, but my Player of the Decade goes to Mr. Brian Roberts. GO FLYERS!!!
Mad Props to PerrymanFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TMPHann (12-28-2009)