User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Colonel

ClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Ohio State is not an average P5 School. The only teams not at-risk of having their coach leave for another college gig are Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, & North Carolina. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but the next tier is arguably Louisville, IU, Mich State, Michigan, UCLA, and OSU.

In my opinion, the problem isn't when everyone wants your coach, it's when no one wants your coach.
I agree that Ohio State is not an average P5 school. However, I believe I could come with a list of about 2-3 dozen "average" P5 schools that could somewhat easily take a coach off of all of the following: DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence, Butler, Marquette. For a few others in the conference, I'm only holding back on adding them to the list because right now they have "special circumstance" coaches. But the point is, for as much chest thumping Big East fans do, and for as much as they love to argue that they're right on par with P5 schools, they're mostly lower on the hierarchy of coaching positions, and it's not even a debate.