Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
So it appears that Sam has been convicted by the court of public opinion, as well as the court of UD Pride opinion. If I step back, and look at other recent cases involving a big UD basketball player with tight family ties to UD, we might get a hint of what may play out here.
IMHO Kav’s offenses were far more serious and he (and his family) chose to endure the public local humiliation and come back to UD to sort of right the wrong he did at UD. I think Sam will likely get no worse than what Kav’s did, provided he accepts his responsibility for his actions. Which in my mind seems pretty fair as this is his chance to grow and mature as a person…..
But with that said, you can never guess what these kangaroo student conduct courts will do….. I just hope it is done fairly.
I've formed an opinion based on the video(s) I saw because in my mind I can't think of any reasonable conclusion but that he was extremely intoxicated, causing a disturbance and struck a man in the face. At the end of the day, my opinion means nothing. Your point about Kavs is a very good one but video always makes any transgressions worse. You are 100% correct about the CoC hearings, we'll see what happens. Sometimes you look for a reason to give a kid a second chance, sometimes you look for an excuse to part ways. Who knows what all goes into that determination.

Last edited by Flyers98; 08-06-2017 at 10:27 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-11-2017), Gazoo (08-07-2017), MNFats (08-07-2017)