Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 06:10 PM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheDuke2003 View Post
This will be interesting to follow. I had heard of Marvin Bagley as a big time recruit, but had never seen him play as a HS player and to be honest, no one watches the G League. Marvin Bagley was a star of college basketball this year for Duke, getting who knows how many hours of prime time television coverage with millions of viewers. I've probably seen Bagley play at least a half dozen times this year and I don't even follow Duke.

A year from now, will Bazely be a legit star like Bagley, or will he be a "oh yeah, I remember hearing about him on the recruiting sites"? guy I tend to think the latter, and that could be why we don't see too many taking the G League route, unless they are either completely disinterested in learning, or are as dumb as a box of rocks. The NCAA is providing these kids a huge platform towards stardom. Many might believe they are the next Lebron to walk into the league and be a star, but the players who actually do that come along maybe once or twice a decade.
This is a good point. If you're trying to build profile to get the bigger shoe deals and endorsement contracts that NCAA gives you the biggest vehicle to promote yourself