Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Clutcher
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
It's difficult to quantify, because there are so many factors. I mean, we are still kind of high because of last year, but the two previous years, JC wasn't really talked about as one of the great PGs in basketball. Who knows what happens if you gave Scoochie an Obi Toppin to play with. And Scoochie did lead us(quarterback us to be clearer) as a starter to 3 straight NCAA tournaments while being a key backup in his first season to Price.

When going into a game during Scooch's 3 years as a starter, we usually felt to be successful, we needed scoring from Pierre, Kendall, Jordan/Charles and plenty of fast break transition baskets(many coming from Kyle). Scooch was there to fill in the blanks sort of as points go. Sometimes we needed 20 from him, sometimes we only needed 6. With JC, we need him to put up double digits regardless. He's always been a top 2 scoring option.

But as you said, last 8 seasons, we've been covered at PG pretty well, actually 10 if you add in 2 seasons of Dillard(who I believe was a fantastic PG until he tried to become what JC and BRob actually are/were and that's the goto offensive option).
I am hoping Malachi Smith continues the trend next season and we can extend that good streak of PG's from 10 to 14!