Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Ddn /whio
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
UD historically has not disclosed injuries. Why give your opponents another edge?
Historically? Well, I think historically coaches in general do not let giving updates. Tactical advantage has something to do it with probably in some cases, but mostly, coaches aren't doctors - they don't know squat about how long stuff takes to heal, but if they tell you something that isn't right, they look bad. But I don't know if Dayton is historically worse at this this then others...

With Archie, it just seemed like he hated answering any media question. If you asked him an injury-related question, he'd dismiss it immediately by saying it's a bone bruise. I don't think it was so much in relation to it being a tactical advantage, but more just due to Archie being sort of a curmudgeon and just not liking having to talk to media.

Brian Gregory was all coach speak. He could address any topic and give you what sort of felt like was a solid answer, but really lacked substance. Maybe he didn't disclose injuries for tactical advantage, but I think you're giving him too much credit there. After all, his entire offensive system was a tactical disadvantage.

Purnell? I'm not sure I remember. I think he probably was similar to Gregory in giving a lot of coach speak. O'Brien? Injured or not, his team couldn't beat anyone...

Grant seems to give thoughtful answers that's more than coach speak when he does speak with media. So I guess he's probably your best bet at getting a real injury update, although in general this coaching staff seems to keep information pretty tight across the board.