Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
That would be true, if it wasn't false. The article clearly stated the school has a rule specifically saying that he has the right to return if he wants to. Sure, this is an extreme case, but what I'm trying to say (and this will be the last time I try) is that there is a difference in this scenario and a scholarship being pulled. Putting this kid in the same group as guys who get kicked out for disciplinary issues is unfair to this kid.

And if I was in a recruiting battle for a kid against Archie, you better believe I would make sure his parents knew about this. If you honestly think a parent wouldn't care about this when thinking about their son's future, then I don't know what to tell you. How a program treats players is part of that decision.

EDIT: You also said that "every team does it." My point was that it's actually pretty rare. You found one example. Proud of you!
He can return to school, but not as a basketball player. That is pretty clear in the article. Type "pulled scholarship" or something similar in your google machine if you want more examples. This isn't rare and gives a better glimpse into these "mutual" parting of the ways. It's obvious that the PR spin the university puts out there works on some and that's why they do it.

Last edited by bcross; 03-10-2018 at 02:36 PM..