Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
We have taken so much for granted over the past few years in terms of our guard play. We will have lost a PG that knew how to take care of the basketball, could create his own shot, finish at the rim, and was happy to distribute and spread the wealth around. We also will have lost a shooting guard who was our best defender since london warren, a great rebounder, and had the heart of a lion. These things will not be easily replaced.

Cooke was one of the best all-around players we've had since I've followed the flyers. Could shoot from deep and mid range, drive, and was an all-league defender. There's going to be a big drop off in those three spots in particular. Pollard was a classic tweener and was a mismatch nightmare. But i think replacing his contributions will be a little easier than the other three.

I've seen one game of pierce's online, and it left me a little worried. Granted, it was one game. But i have some concerns with his effort level and his motor. He didn't play hard. Didn't block out. Didn't defend well. Didn't post up hard against kids who were clearly overmatched physically. I think he's a big body that Archie may turn into a good player. But i don't think he's going to contribute right away.

I think svoboda will give us good minutes and be someone who can create his own shot, which is something we will sorely miss next year.

My starters come A10 time: McKinley Wright, Darryl Davis, Antekuompo or Svoboda at the 3, XW, Cunningham. That's a pretty good five. But not a ton of experience. I think if we manage to win 20 games next year it will be a huge accomplishment. I'm betting we win 16 to 18 games.

Last edited by Flyer'95; 03-20-2017 at 08:18 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer'95 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-20-2017)