User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,462 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
No it's not looking strong.

What did you expect his lawyer to say? "Yup he took money, his bad. " That's never going to happen.

An FBI wiretap conversation is about as ironclad as it gets. Of course there is no evidence other than the conversation. If there was, Sean would be very bad at his job. There isn't going to be a huge paper trail.
Point of clarification. I would expect the family’s lawyer to say he didn’t do it. That’s what came out Saturday early evening. What came out Sunday prompted my post. A 2nd lawyer. One that AZ hired as one of two law firms to do their internal investigation, released a statement saying Ayton passed both the NCAA and the FBI interviews with flying colors (as well as others like the PAC 12). This 2nd attorney said neither the NCAA or the FBI have anything on him and no one believes he was paid any money to play at AZ nor it appears did he ever have conversations with anyone (AZ, shoe company, agent, etc) to be paid. I also read this attorney didn’t ask AZ for permission to release this statement. It’s being reported he informed them he was going to do it because the player is innocent of what’s being reported. That’s pretty strong. And it leads me to question ESPNs report that Sean had a conversation with Dawkins (representing ASM Sports) about an agreement to pay THIS player $100k. AND Dawkins paper notes of payments to players and their families released by Yahoo Sports have no reference to Sean or Ayton while the same notes have 20 schools and 25 players listed. The reporting about the conversation is Dawkins and Sean had an agreement to pay Ayton $100k to play for AZ. That’s not adding up for me right now with the other three things that have been released. (2 attorney comments + the paper notes.)

Now the conversation might have been “if you (Sean) need it to get this kid we (ASM) are prepared to pay him $100k”. Maybe the kid being discussed wasn’t Ayton but some other recruit??? In other words, Sean might have had a conversation with Dawkins about a $100k payment, but right now I’m having a problem with what’s being reported, especially since the paper note has zero mention of AZ in anyway.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (02-26-2018)