User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Captain

sopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
Wait what? Doesn't give us a better chance to make the tourney and now we're being compared to DePaul? Get outta here
Ok, DePaul is an exaggeration, but which BE schools are you confident we would finish ahead of in most seasons? X, Butler, Villanova, Creighton, Georgetown, Providence? How about Marquette or Seton Hall? Just being in and finishing 6th or 7th is not going to be a boost in most respects. Would facing a more rigorous schedule help come tourney time? I suppose it would. But, you have to get in the Dance for it to matter.

I am of the thought that I want to be in on a regular basis, and be in a position to make the occasional run, and I think the A10 serves us better in that regard. We just made the tourney 4 consecutive years for the first time in school history. Were we in a better spot before X and Butler departed the A10 and our conference had a better profile? I know it’s a small sample to evaluate, but, I don’t think so.

My feeling is that all things considered, if we were in the BE, there is a much greater chance we resemble St. John’s as opposed to X. I think we should be careful what we wish for.