User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I'd take a pay cut to get away from Lavar Ball. Plus I've heard the next kid isn't as good and I'm sure Lavar will handle it well if he doesn't start or play as much as he wants him to.
I think LaVar Ball is much more PT Barnum than interfering stage parent. Really, I doubt he is a concern to college coaches at all. I wish he would go away and I assume they do but he really hasn't interfered.

I think LaVar Ball's shtick is simply to gain as much attention as possible for his company so he can sell it for as much as possible to one of the major players. While annoying, he really hasn't criticized anything or anyone that would serve as a real distraction to the program unlike Staten's dad. Ball's statements are outlandish and to some of us borderline stupid... ok, past borderline. But none of them have been divisive as far as the team is concerned. I just don't think that is accidental.

While the next two up may not be near as good as Lonzo, neither is almost anyone else. It's a very good time to sell high. We may see much more of LaVar over the next 6 months as he tries to secure a sale before the next son even hits the floor. If he sells, I don't think LaVar goes away but likely fades. If not, I think he becomes old news and likely fades away. Although, someone somewhere is probably already pitching a reality show. Which really brings me to what i find most irritating about the LaVar story.

If an attention seeking parent doesn't have the media covering him, would he really make any news? P.T. Barnum.