Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
I can't imagine why Neil hasn't hired you to do scheduling yet.
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
OK, let's suppose there's something to this line of reasoning. Who is it that decides UD is unwilling to give up one or two home games as a means to achieve its primary objective...that being regular NCAA berths with reasonably good seeds?

We have a president and an AD who are relatively new in their jobs. And we are a school willing to invest an amount approaching $100 million to renovate its BB palace. Men's BB is a very big deal for our U....and success is defined one way for us, filled Arena seats, the NCAAs regularly.....success in the NCAAs. Seems to me that a new president (who comes to us from a big-time BB school) would support just about any decision his AD would make toward those ends. Right?

In my opinion.....opinion....the most important thing UD can/should do is to produce teams that are consistently dominant in the A10....the clear-cut cream of the crop winning the regular season and tournament consistently. A tall order? The A10 is not the BE or the Big Ten or the ACC. Demonstrating dominance in our own respectable conference combined with solid OOC performance is the ticket to where we want to be....in my opinion. If we do that the rest will take care of itself.
FWIW, I do not blame Neil, I think this budgeting decision is being made above him at the highest level: the level of President Spina/the university board of trustees. I think that Neil has no control over this at all, just my opinion.
Advertisement