Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I wish the ushers would actually stop people from going down the stairs while the game is in play. They do this at a lot of venues, it makes the game experience a lot better.
This has been a pet peeve of mine for...ever!

For the most part, these usher are member of various local Knights of Columbus chapters. They usher and K of C reaps the $$ benefit. Given that, there is only so much authority they will be given...or even want. When issues rise to a certain level they flag down a member of the security staff.

However, I sit in a section that is heavily impacted by the up/down traffic and complained to UD facilities on several occasions. It led (I'm told) to Jeff Stevens making the announcement (and having it displayed on the video board) before games. Problem is, that announcement is made about 15 mins prior to tip and most fans either haven't arrived or are getting their pre-game beverage. It would be more impactful if made closer to player introductions, IMO.
Fortunately (for our section), enough people complained that the usher that works our section does, in fact, restrict people returning to their seats to only when there is a stoppage in play. When I stopped to thank him he told me he does it because of the complaints to arena staff.

Sooooo, instead of complaining to your neighbor or UDPride, suggest contacting the arena to let them know. And don't just complain to the folks who answer the phone in the ticket office. Call Scott DeBolt (Associate AD, Director of UD Arena) or someone on his staff. Leave a message if you get v'mail...you will get a call back.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Big Rob (05-11-2017)