Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 AM
Academy Doolie

UdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
These are the top schools in college basketball with the top coaches in college basketball. Now they will all claim the Pitino defense - "I did not know what was going on." That is a load of crap. With the power, fame, responsibility and assistants these coaches have, they have a good idea what is going on and just look the other way. Let the assistants take the fall.

The defense is that these agents come onto campus and speak directly to the players and their families without going through the head coaches. You can't tell me that someone does not tell the head coach or his assistant for NCAA violations, that this agent is on campus or has been talking to parents and \ or students.

A lot of the "payments" to students and families are written down by the agent as "loans." Apparently the ASM agency has definite and specific records with amounts, names and the type of transaction - dinners, lunches, plane reservations, cash etc.

I said this the last time. IRS is waiting and watching and when IRS pounces, they are relentless for their tax money.
While there is no doubt some coaches will be implicated, I think you are missing the issue. Dawkins, who worked for Miller, is from Saginaw, MI. Many of these players implicated are also from Michigan. Dawkins did not need to step foot on a college campus, he went to the players homes and parents. That is nearly impossible for any coach to keep tabs on.
Mad Props to UdGrad2009 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (02-23-2018)