Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
The main difference of course is that JD is a much better 3 point shooter, at least in terms of percentage, this year. And add, at his height/position, he should be taking those 3's. XW at 6-9, is no Larry Bird, so therefore should have been posting down low or at least slashing to the hoop.

I didn't understand why early in the year his minutes began to diminish but i totally get it now.
With these Jordan Davis comps - why is everyone ignoring the fact that X shot 41% from 3 last year - and he did it while shooting more 3's per game than JD did this year. Dude could flat out stroke it last year.

I'm not trying to say the other criticisms aren't legit. But everyone trying to figure out why X shoots so many 3's, it's because he's pretty darn good at it. Something held him back this year. Injuries, attitude, maybe both? But while we are all disappointed with his play and his attitude, at least give him credit for the things he did well.

Last year, when healthy on a stacked team, he outscored Kyle Davis, was the best 3 point shooter on the team (only Crosby had a better 3pt % and he shot less than 1 per game). He led the team in blocks per game and was 3rd in rebounds. I can't image all of that was a fluke.

Something happened this year and he will likely pay for it dearly. He was a significant part of what we did last year. Not sure we need to trash him on the way out.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (03-06-2018), OSU Flyer (03-06-2018), Smitty10 (03-06-2018), WarriorPride (03-10-2018)