User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shawnee2 View Post
Why on Gods green earth do some of you folks think the keys to the team have been handed to Jalen?? He had a great year but there are reasons why he was not recruited with great vigor! There are a number of players we are recruiting that can flat beat him out. On a really good team he would provide great backup support. You need to stop thinking he is the second coming of Brunson from Villonova. Really great year on a very poor team who had no one to challenge him? I really do not want to appear to be negative but I have watched and scouted many games. He was a marvelous pick up at the last possible moment but he his not without a great deal of flaws mainly quickness!!!
I've been on the receiving end of 1 or 2 discussions that started with "why on God's green earth" and I don't remember any of them that did "not appear negative".

That being said I don't think the statement was overly undiplomatic. I wouldn't relegate a player based upon recruiting status once they're in school. Interesting that you cite Brunson as the comparison. Obviously, we would love to to have player of that caliber and I have no illusions of Jalen at that level personally. But it is interesting that you pointed out the quickness issue when lateral quickness/athleticism is one of the knocks on Brunson going to the NBA. I could certainly live with a poor man's Brunson.