Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
Forego ... agree.

Here is the thing ... if this poll has "-" and "+" signs BG would have less 9% "A's".

It wasn't until the realists started to question the voting that the votes began to swing. At one time "A" was up by 30 votes and within time and people realizing the actual situation "B" overtook it and "C" crept in with 10%.

The thing is this poll need's "-" and "+". I thought a "B" was too high and a "C" was too low ... my ideal grade would be a "C+" and possibly a "B-".

I can understand where the enthusiast could vote a "B" or "B+" but an "A" is just blindness and red and blue glasses.

No coach who has finished with 4 seasons of .500 or WORSE in the A-10 Conference can be given a grade of an "A". I mean three seventh place finishes? One 11th place (which was an understandable year).

5 Double digit loss seasons, 2 NIT appearances and and 3 nothings, 0 NBA players (lack of player development) and 0 A-10 Titles.

One NCAA win in seven seasons, 150-80 overall record which is very competitive, great image, slightly above average recruiting and a dedicated worker are the positives.

Overall he is slightly above average for his term.

He has been given 7 years and has the most resources in the A-10 and still cannot boast any legitimacy in the conference and the national perception of us is the exact same when he entered the picture.

I like the guy, I think he has done a decent job here ... but it is put up or shut up time, this program NEEDS results on the freaking court.

I think with Parker and Staten this may be the year the roll begins, but I have thought this before and have been disappointed ... so I will hold my breath.