Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:00 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
I sure hope you've never changed jobs...otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.
While I understand your sentiment, the comparison is not exactly the same.

It should be more like, changing jobs, where they attempted to match the salary, the job environment was friendly, inviting, and you had everyone eating from the palm of your hands. You wanted for nothing, and everything you needed was given. The grass was always green and was maintained perfectly.

So, when Buckleyma left McDonald's to work at UD during his college years, then went to his first job out of college who didn't appreciate them, underpaid them, and they found a job that would appreciate them and pay them more, that's not the same as Archie.

In my career, I've lost my job because of contract loss twice, and left the other 2 on my own accord, 1 where I wasn't being paid my worth, and the other where the environment was becoming toxic. So, my career path cannot be compared the belief of what Archie did to Dayton fans.

As for Archie, except for Ohio State the same year, if he hadn't taken the Indiana job, I presume he would have been at Dayton for at least 4-6 years until another blue-blood type program opened. I'm not sure any jobs this year he would have taken. I certainly don't blame him for taking the job, but he could have been King (sorry rollo) in Dayton if he stayed and kept the trajectory going for the basketball team.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (09-17-2018)