Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 01:57 PM
General

Thanked 5,463 Times in 2,388 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
You meant TOSU.

If The Ohio State University is playing in a double header with the Dayton Flyers also in same double header, them my presumption is that the game is sold-out; and therefore Ohio state wouldnt need or want more Wright State fans.

. . .

Inaccurate try Gazoo, because The Ohio State University might want some extra money, they sure as heck don't need it; and thus it would be much more about a homecourt advantage for them, regardless of who else was playing. When you draw 105,000 to the stadium every week, you've got it going on in real big time athletics. That's not exactly Fordham or LaSalle style.

You meant "then."
You meant "doubleheader." Twice.
You meant "sold out" (no hyphen).
You meant Ohio "State."
You meant "wouldn't."
You meant "7 times per year".
Are you done making distinctions without a difference, or shall we continue toward rational discussion points? Because, honestly, I'm pretty good at this game. And you suck.

You asked who wants an opponent to bring fans to an event that would sell out anyway. Do you even recognize your circular logic, or do I need to explain it to you Yogi? OK here goes: if the home town fans fully sell out the stadium, you don't need the opponents to bring fans and reduce the home court advantage. But if you have fans who are lackluster at best for basketball, then THE ONLY WAY TO SELL OUT THE COURT IS IF THE OPPONENTS BRING FANS. If the opponent didn't bring fans, it would not "sell out anyway."

You're the one who said it would sell out anyway, not me. So why are you now changing your strawman argument to reflect the fact that tOSU doesn't need the money because of football? Congrats, you are correct, they don't need the money, and it is also wholly irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not it would "sell out anyway."

Last edited by Gazoo; 09-20-2018 at 03:27 PM..
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (09-20-2018)