User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
It's not mis-timed if he had someone in mind (perhaps an NBA coach?) that they were going to make a run at, and if it worked out they'd make a change. If not, they'd stay with Matta for another year.

If they ultimately end up getting the person they want then it is not ill timed. Judging by how they're not going to hire a search firm or put together a search committee, which is something Ohio State always does, I'm thinking they already know who it is, and whoever it is was someone they wanted.
If there was a backroom deal in place, and I agree that is the most likely scenario, I would think it may be an NBA coach as well. Mack and Cronin have ties to the school/city that extend beyond being the current coach. I would think that would make leaving at this late date would be very difficult (not impossible) on a deeper level. That being said, it could be that there backfills were being finalized before there was any announcement.

The comparison was mentioned earlier in the thread of Columbus to Bloomington. The same could be said for Oklahoma City.