Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Can someone explain these comments?

The box score shows Horchler went 7-11 against us, and was 2-4 from 3. Therefore he "had his way" with us by making 5 shots inside the arc in 31 minutes of game time? We only gave him 7 shots and he had his way with us??

Their other guys listed as starting forwards, Aminu (1-6) and Sams (4-9, 2-5 from 3, so 2 shots made inside the arc) also do not appear to have "had their way" with us.

They made 25 total shots. 17 were made inside the arc. The people listed on the official roster as forwards made 9 inside the arc, in 22 attempts. Not great, not soul-crushing bad either.

A bit harsh, maybe? By that definition, basically every player on our team except Cohill and Matos had our way with them.
The stats are not appalling but basically every time he got the ball in the paint he scored. Obi got backed down, stood straight up and then the guy made a little jump hook. I was surprised he never challenged him and as I pointed out in an earlier post it may well have been because AG warned him to stay out of foul trouble with Josh in sweats, (or because he witnessed a guy with a ton of talent who couldn’t stay on the floor last year). There were also some dribble drive breakdowns. All in all I thought they executed what I assume was the game plan, to guard the perimeter, well and showed a better ability to adjust to a change in the opposition’s offense than I remember seeing last year. On energy alone I think the defense has come a long way. I hope it continues.