User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UD_Earl View Post
I spoke to one of the Associate ADs at UD about the AAC - he seemed very luke warm due to the risk. He stated that UD reviewed all of the applications that were submitted for ACC and Big 12 expansion consideration because they were public documents. Most of the football schools in the AAC want to be in a power 5 conference. I believe that UD is afraid to move because you never know how the next conference realignment will shake out. What if the Big 12 wants to add 4 - that kind of thing. Houston, Cincinnati, SMU, UConn (who may leave for the NBE as well), Memphis. That would/could gut the conference. Probably too risky at this point.
The associate AD will take direction from his boss and big donors. The A10 is a quagmire and I can't believe UD will stay unless there is significant change and that's not happening.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to oRed For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-19-2018), Mr. Flyerfanman (05-19-2018)