User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:27 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
How to make it The Place to Be?

WOW! Where to start New Yorker? First, along with a couple others about 2007, we complained & suggested on this Forum about atmosphere. Think that's the season a long painted banner with names of the conference members was made & hung on the railing of the visitors stands. Very nice; except that the thing should be hung on the home side for visitors to see their name!

At the time my ideas had to do with color, signage & of course the Video coverage was HORRIBLE! I realized that whatever got put up had to be taken down because of Saturday night hs football games. And Welcome is the property of a very proud inner-city school board. So my idea was floats that could be wheeled in-out quickly. Made & later admired in the Ghetto area! Hint: frat made!

My time in college was a small but athletic place called B-W. There always seemed to be a fraternity function going on that got the guys out of "the House" & into the stadium. Of course Homecoming weekend we had girlfriends helping all night to finish the "front yard creation" made from paper flowers & in competition. Too sad that UD drunks with their non-student friends from the past has ruined such a tradition here.

But as far as student attending, "it must be the place to be" or they'll just sit around or grill on the front lawn waiting for Saturday night and whatever "place to be". In the 50's and with fraternity competition & Homecomings my class wanted to be at the game.