Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 07:52 AM
1st Lieutenant

NYFLYERFAN is on a distinguished road
Cards, I feel the same way. Two years ago I emailed the new president of UD Dr Spina expressing frustration at how little the university seems to do to promote football. Parent weekend game (this week) is always packed and a blast for everyone attending and even those that remain in parking lot. I thought every game should have that atmosphere. Prez Spina didn’t disagree and put me in touch with the UD sport marketing department. Some of suggestions were little things like signage, you wouldn’t know you were at UD if you looked around Welcome . I also contacted a marketing professor who took up the challenge and used it as a project for his class last year. He was honest and said with this type of project it would take a year or two to implement ideas. Well that time has now come, there is some signage in stadium that actually says Dayton Flyer Football, they are trying raffles and offered a free barbecue at opener. One of main obstacles though is Welcome itself, located off campus, although not far many students rather stay on campus and walk around in various sport jerseys and day drink. Which isn’t something just going on at UD but at other campus across country. This weekends PFL opener should produce a great crowd for Parent weekend and hopefully there is some momentum. I myself think Welcome Stadium tailgate could be a perfect place to kick off a Saturday night for the UD students provided they wear Flyer jerseys of course. 🍺🍺 Go Flyers
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to NYFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-17-2018)