Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 09:03 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,960 Times in 2,652 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
I just hope they got the right grade bolts this time around after the first arena collapse. What I read in the DDN was that the wrong grade of bolts were used and these bolts sheared. The crappy design was confirmed when they said the center scoreboard could not be replaced because the structure couldn’t hold it. LED panels fixed that argument.

My design criteria was to double what you need and then double that to prevent or reduce deflection. I need to drive over and walk around and maybe sneak in for a peak. Damm what did I do with the white hard hat?
I think there have been major advancements in building codes and inspection standards since 1968-69, when The Arena was first built. Plus, back then, the University operated on more of a shoestring budget, and society was not nearly as litigious as it is now. So, between advancements in construction & project funding, and the increase in class-action personal-injury lawsuits (leading to more emphasis on loss prevention), I don’t think UD is sparing much expense on this upgrade project.
Posted via Mobile Device