Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 01:44 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
While I agree that public humiliation like this is uncalled for, hazing has and will go on. It went on when I was in school from high school all the way through college. It happens in certain professions but may not be referred to as hazing, but some other PC term. Whether it was in a social atmosphere or in sports. Yes, there are different levels. But a little icy hot to the boys is a little different than some of the things that go on.

You can have some pretty fun team building with innocent hazing, it is finding that line and not crossing it...that is the problem.
I know a guy who pledged a black fraternity. Apparently (I would not know) the hazing there can be pretty brutal. The last thing they did was something like walk across hot coals (?), and on the other side, the guy's Big held out his arms and said "you made it, you're in!" The guy (who was HUGE) smiled, walked up to him, and punched him in the nose as hard as he could. Knocked out out stone cold.

He said, "I've never quit anything in my life, so you weren't going to break me. But I'll be da**ed if I want to be friends with a bunch of a**holes who treat people like you." And he left.

Now, some Ben Gay on the jewels. . . heck I'd do that to my best friend tomorrow if the opportunity arose.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-25-2018)