Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 06:19 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Smitty, for once I agree with you; and based on what I've seen from what should be a solid bench, Westerfield should have been on the court today because A) He can hit foul shots, B) He has a polished 3 point shot C) He plays defense at least as well as the "bench" and D) He actually wants to play...
I have a theory for the game today. That theory is both teams were gassed in OT. I think sending X in might have been the way to go because he is now a fresh player who might turn out to be the best player on the court due to everyone else being gassed. While I'm not going to argue he's not the same X as last season, I will argue that in this situation he might have been more energetic than anyone else on the court including UMass players and would've resulted in more rebounds and maybe even a better 3 point shot. Not saying we should've waited for OT to get him more minutes in the first place but since we didn't give any worthwhile minutes, why not?