User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
The defense is that these agents come onto campus and speak directly to the players and their families without going through the head coaches.
I doubt any of this happens on campus. 'Runners' don't want to be seen, especially if they're handing out cash.

As I posted a few months ago, a local AAU coach was filling me in about how a certain HOF coach from a Big12 school came to town to recruit a City League player...coach told the AAU coach to tell the player to go out to the parking lot and there would be an envelop in a large SUV for him. No promises...just an envelop. the Coaches come to town to watch the kids play then leave without so much as a handshake with them. That's how this sh*t goes down. The less witnesses, the better. And head coaches don't do the dirty work, they just want to be seen by the player. Nor do most agents, which is why they have runners. Separation is a good thing. Putting the agent and the kid together will be easier than putting the agent, kid and head coach together.
ruechalgrin (02-23-2018)