Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Your argument that UD has not had good bigs does not match well with UDs overall record in the A10. With 2-3 exception periods, UD has been in the middle of the pack. During one of those periods Sean Finn was pretty good.

I can name a lot of top A10 teams during its history that had very good bigs. I think the lack of talented big men has hurt UD a lot in the past.

You can win without good bigs, but it is a lot harder and you have to have a lot of interchangeable talented positions.
Yep and your last sentence literally mirrors a team like Villonova who has been referenced or a team like even Temple back in the day. The thing about those teams compared to UD is those guys are long and have great strength. They're in that 6'5"-6'7" range but those guys got ass on them and shoulders. They can get shots off anytime with their strength along with their athletic ability, and, as you mention, can defend multiple positions.

UD does not get those types of players very often. I'd say that Landers fits into that role and as a 6'4"-6'5" guy he's become/is becoming a much better shooter and can guard multiple positions..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (06-01-2018)