Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 08:56 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
All this crazy talk about the nBE. I guess only if the nBE needs someone to be another bottom feeder to make DePaul & StJohn's feel better.

Right now we can't show sustainment (is that a word?) in our program. Yes only after about 2/3 of a season ... we haven't demonstrated that our talent level or coaching staff can continue on the trajectory established over the last few years.

I hope that this year is an aberration ... yet unless we do something about the talent on the floor (and except for a limited number of players), I right now do not see how they all will mesh into something rivaling the past number of years talent wise.

I thought the coaching changes would be meaningful in that we would stutter a bit early this year, but now it appears that as a whole we have not seemingly improved in any category .... playing as a team, playing with experience or coaching philosophy and by now I would have thought some of these would show great improvement.

So why on God's green earth do we think we belong in the nBE? Because we have fan support? We have a great arena? Nice but you don't get points in any game based on those factors. Remember if you can the JOB years. All those extraneous factors added up to nada and led UD in to what can be claimed as wandering in the BB desert for what seemed like 40 years.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-02-2018), rollo (01-29-2018)