Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, as a ref I get to meet interesting people and coaches from all over. One such AAU coach and I were hanging out last Spring during a break and he was sharing some great stories about kids, fights and bribes. When I asked him about these bribes and what he meant, he shared a story about being approached by Roy Williams (UNC) about one of his AAU players (a local kid I won't name) where Roy told him that all this kid had to do was walk out to the black SUV in the parking lot and take the envelop from the driver - no strings attached - and that there would be a lot more of those if he committed. This coach is probably the most respected AAU coach in Dayton and I have no reason to doubt him. This guy is all about getting kids out of the ghetto the right way. I look forward to seeing him again this winter/spring and will have to revisit this story now that the sh*t is hitting the fan. It'll be interesting to see if Roy Williams' name gets brought up...
BeckysTXA (09-27-2017), Gazoo (09-27-2017), Viperstick (09-27-2017), wes (09-27-2017)