Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
After seeing last night's UD game, I feel compelled to ask about potential 5th year transfer PGs. McKinley Wright may be the real deal, but he'll still need a breather a few times a night, and Crosby hasn't convinced me that he's solid enough to handle 15-20 minutes a game with no major drop off in team performance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good 5th year PGs are hard to come by but I certainly agree! There was more than enough poor play spread around last night and in the DDN Archie was quoted, "You can chalk this one up on me. Clearly we weren't ready to go." One of the most grievous was giving Crosby way too many minutes! Scoochie's foul trouble contributed but 10 min. that Crosby played in the first half and 5 min. in the second half were exactly when the game was lost with 10-0 runs both times by UMass. I agree with your assessment that he's not solid enough to handle 15-20 minutes a game with no major dropoff in team performance.

Archie was going to leave Crosby in for the balance of the first half but at the 3:49 mark he was forced to put Scoochie back in with the 2 fouls after Pipkens had just picked John's pocket for an easy layup and Jarreau drove right around him to go up double digits. We then cut the lead back to 7 at the half.

I hope we can locate a good 5th year PG! Either that, or hope that McKinley Wright is as good as Scoochie was his freshman year!