Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Though I think you'll agree that just because the big has position you don't have to pass it to him. It's but one option. Maybe AG is yelling for ball reversal.

The bigs need to get it some but there's value to the offense in just having the position, regardless if you throw it every time. The great thing about the AM offense was that the ball would go into the post for passing angles not just shooting the ball.
I get that...but the reversals are setting up lower percentage 3's than high percentage post feeds on the back side.

I am a firm believer that the inside game opens up the outside game and not the other way around. Post game gets you fouls, free throws, and forces the opponent to collapse in the paint or hit the backside hard. In that case, the highest percentage 3 (inside out) will be there as well.

Defenses can pack the lane all day and give you open 3's. They open 3's are never a guarantee. But you hit the post with some effectiveness...the 3 ball is still there on kick outs and reversals. Not the other way around.

I am with you in the sense that is what AG wants...but on the flip side...after the under 16 we got posts feeds and we get post feeds to start the 2nd half almost every game...so my takeaway from that is he is telling them to get it inside because it ends up working.

Two things regarding good fouls...

If you aren't fouling in D you aren't playing hard enough. If you aren't drawing fouls on O you aren't attacking enough. We tell our young kids this all the time. When you end a game with 6 team fouls and lose, you aren't playing aggressive enough. Same can be said for UD on offense...they need to get the opponent in foul trouble and you aren't going to do that on the wing.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-07-2017), rollo (12-07-2017), SeasonTicketFan (12-07-2017)