Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn't sure where to post this but since every other thread goes sideways this is as good a place as any:

I'm one who typically arrives early/stays late for home games. By late I mean...until the game is over. The pre-game routine for the Flyers, at least from the time the doors open to the public (1 hr prior) to tip is: A) shoot-around, players and managers only, B) more structured drills with managers, bigs stretched while others were shooting and vice versa with minimal asst coach oversight (therefore, a dunk line would break out, trick shots, dance moves, etc), and C) pre game layup line before player intros.

Beginning with the Fordham game (2/17), "B" above changed. This is after the Mason debacle if you recall. Prior to both Fordham and now SLU, asst coaches were leading the drills. They became more structured and, as a result, more focused. Every second was scripted and more attention to detail.

Clearly AG is sending a message. I have no idea why it took this long. Usually the captain(s) and/or senior should be leading all of the above. Therefore the change could be also be an indicator of the (lack of) respect given to JC and DD. Given what we've seen so far, I expect Trey to be at the forefront for team captaincy next season.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (02-22-2018), jack72 (02-22-2018), MNFats (02-22-2018), rollo (02-22-2018), ruechalgrin (02-22-2018), TXFlyerFan (02-22-2018)