Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
When my daughter was looking at colleges, we looked at URI and, maybe I was wrong, but I was not overly impressed by the campus, the area and the town. Even for a small state, it seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere and a distance from Providence.
You are correct that it is in the middle of nowhere and the campus is so-so at best. There is a cool little downtown about 15 minutes away with some good bars and restaurants. For people in RI it is far from Providence but for anyone else in the world it is about a 35-40 drive from Providence (For Rhode Islanders anything over 30 minutes away is an overnight trip for them).

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
A few things UConn has going against it:

1. AAC is not a P5 conference.
2. Football is bleeding $s.
3. May be some NCAA/FBI issues to be dealt with.

URI is not a bad job. He does have talent coming back and probably still sits at or close to the top of the A10 as recent powers of UD and VCU regroup. May not be a bad idea to let the dust settle with the NCAA/FBI thing and wait for a P5 destination job.
UConn's NCAA issues are not FBI related, they are run of the mill recruiting violations.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2018)