Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:01 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
The One and Done Coaches

are at the center of the hypocrisy we call College Men's Basketball. College is intended to be a period of four years matriculation until graduation. Players who are NBA bound by talent and circumstance have no intention of graduating. By recruiting such individuals the "Coach" is undermining the institution he serves and dismissing the mission of the college or university.
One can argue that the "One and Done" player brings large sums of money to the table for the U. But that is that not job of the Development people? I will always root for the team that has the most seniors unless of course the Dayton Flyers with 5 "One and Done's" are the competition! At that point all of my values and beliefs are rendered null and void as I proudly cheer for the Flyers. I do believe the NCAA should recognize that under the current conditions
colleges and universities serve as the Minor Leagues for the NBA. These institutions should demand and receive compensation for their service.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (04-17-2018)