Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for these write ups. Awesome.

My additional observations.
The upperclassmen of Cunningham, Williams, Davis and Crosby won the game. DD had a stretch when UD was down in the second half that was awesome. DD finishes so much better this year. Might have been one of Crosby's best games. Almost felt like the shadow of Scoochie is gone for him. Williams hit two 3s in a row, the was quiet. He played a good floor game. I hope his offense kicks in. He can be really good.

Excellent game for Cunningham including the game winner.

Kostas did not match up well and made a couple of mistakes. His minutes were limited. The freshman will be like that all year.

Ball State is good. They are a tough match up. They are not tall and their bigs play away for the basket while shooting the 3. They can really shoot the 3 ball. Brutal matchup for your first game with a lot of young players and new system.

The defense needs to improve. It looked incredible during the 14-0 star then looked awful most of the rest of the game. You can tell the team is learning Grant's philosophies. Switches were really bad. Ball State attacked Crutcher and Crosby on D. Person had zero points at half time and 14 in the second half. He scored at will. He probably thought he had the game winner with 3.9 seconds left. I believe the defense will improve.
Guards, except for DD might be our weak link on D this year.

I wish we rebounded better. We let some get away.

Crutcher was fun to watch on offense. I hope his D improves. Davis has a weird shot. He shoots from the side.

Still not sure what to make of Landers.

The team moved the ball well on offense and attacked the rim. Their 3 point shooting was not good and they did not kick out when they penetrated. I am sure that will improve.

Anthony does not scowl on the sidelines.

The arena was rocking, especially after the game winner. Refs gave us a scare when they reviewed the play. I was baffled at Ball State was out of time outs.

Lots of room for improvement. Dodged a big bullet. Not sure how good this team will be but upperclassmen gave me optimism. Freshmen will develop.

Last edited by SeasonTicketFan; 11-11-2017 at 12:06 AM..
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (11-11-2017)