Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 03:06 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Excerpts from Dayton Press Conference

Originally Posted by Archie Miller
Q. You've had a good run at Dayton the last four years. But before you, Brian Gregory, Oliver Purnell and of course, Don, for years. What is the secret at Dayton? What is it about Dayton that helps so many different guys have success there?

ARCHIE MILLER: Well, I think at first it has to start and stop with the administration. I think it has to go down from the vision of the administration and understanding that basketball is extremely important. I think the second thing would be the tradition-based fans, a community feel in town, but a fan base that's very knowledgeable that loves our arena, that loves the feel of being a part of a winner. And I think that's carried over. Right now the momentum that we have with our fan base and what's going on in the city of Dayton around our program is a high. But I think it starts from the top. Administration and the importance and the understanding that we have a great fan base and we need to cater to them. And the vision is always to continue to improve. You'll see when we tip at 11:15, we're going to have a heck of a showing here.

Q. Ever since 2014, with that Elite Eight run, your name comes up whenever there's a job opening out there. How do you handle that?

ARCHIE MILLER: I never pay any attention to it, to be honest with you. I have a job to do. Whether I'm an assistant coach, a graduate assistant or now the head coach I've always been taught if you do a great job at what you're doing, good things will happen. I just try to do a great job for our players at Dayton. I'm very, very comfortable at Dayton. We have a place, I think, to continue to get even better and better and what we do right now we own, it's ours, and I'm proud of that.
And Archie is funny too:

Originally Posted by Archie Miller
Q. You talked about Coach Griffin. Looking at this week, I guess, what does he bring to the table in terms of helping prepare your team?

ARCHIE MILLER: Nothing. Nothing. He's scared to death. He's scared to death. Coach Boeheim scares him like no other person has ever been scared. He has no value in this game at all, actually. He just sits there and is very quiet on the bench. No, Griff has done a great job, and he's done a great job for us in his time here, and he does a great job with our players. There's not much he's going to tell me that I'm not going to know: They're going to play a real good zone. They're going to get their best players shots. That's what they do. They play with great freedom. He understands that more than anybody because he's been there. But there's a couple of things that he has a familiarity with that help us a little bit, but your personnel, your players they have to go out there and play.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (03-17-2016), BeckysTXA (03-17-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-17-2016), UDBaby (03-17-2016)