Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevinob15 View Post
So let’s get back to some ridiculous rumors. A coworker of mine has a friend in one of the marketing/design/contractor/whatever departments that works alongside the athletic department at times and says that UD is in the mid/late talks of joining the AAC. What the time table is or how the football thing would work out is anybody’s guess. Again this is the ultimate ‘I heard from a friend of a friend of friend” situation but somewhat interesting and exciting nonetheless. Time to start unreasonably hating our potential new Cincinnati rival UC.

Also I firmly believe that there is a 0.00468% chance of this actually happening. While it would be exciting, the fact that we will have to deal with Hurley’s antics again may be a deal breaker for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
You can count me in the group that would love to get out of the A10. It's a good league and it has been a great fit. But an opportunity to get into the BE or AAC would help our recruiting and improve our schedule quality.

Let's assume it's true (cause if it's not then there is nothing to talk about). The AAC would be a blast. The UC rivalry would be great. Wichita St, Temple, UConn would be fun games. And there are other good programs in there (Houston, Memphis, Tulsa, SMU, etc).

My main question would be...who else? Adding UD gives them 13. That's not a great number for a conference. Only 2 other conferences have 13 (MEAC, Southland).

Give me VCU and I'll take that all day over the current A10. Adding VCU gets around the football issue, because it brings bball to 14 and since neither of the additions have football - it can move on unchanged.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (05-16-2018), BRob2Perryman3 (05-16-2018), Flyer 86 (05-16-2018), ud2 (05-16-2018)