Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 10:18 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I want to point out that Archie was a better offensive coach when he had better offensive players and a better defensive coach when he had better defensive players. Archie's first two years had some of the worst UD defense I had ever seen. The last two years were some of the best UD defense I ever saw. Meanwhile, the last two years the offense struggled especially against good defensive teams like Syracuse and Wichita State.

Yes, players have nothing to do with it. It is all coaching.
So, as the team matured the offense deteriorated? Not picking on you, but I don't recall hearing this argument. Get it - it's not the x & o's , it's the Jims and Joes. Be careful, you'll be criticized for claiming Coach K & Cal are only successful due to their recruiting ability.