Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 03:55 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Baloney. No kid is making their school choice on how soft Sam is treated. Certainly not anyone we want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
Oh BS - what about the mother or father of the recruit looking at this and going do I really want to send my kid to an alcohol infested den where any type of behavior is allowed and tolerated.

Per publicly shaming the kid - Sam took care of that all on his own - no help needed there at all. If you are going to be lax on discipline on current players for fear of scaring away other recruits - those are not the types of recruits you wanted in the first place.
Robert Montgomery Knight. Yes, players do know very well how coaches treat players both on the court and off the court. 18 year old kids make decisions for all kinds of stupid reasons might as well not give them a good one.

If some coach tells me (and shows me) they are all about discipline I'm happy to hear it. If they tell me that the first time my kid screws up s/he is off the team and he's going to publicly drag the kid's name through the mud in the process, that's just poor form. Not interested. Because then the coach is telling me it's all about his reputation.

The right thing to do is quietly dismiss Sam without fanfare, and then privately beat senseless the remaining players who played any role in it. "Sam's scholarship was not renewed" or "Sam is no longer participating in team activities, I will only comment on our current players" is the right answer.

Our you could mouth off publicly and act like a child, but that's on you for joining Sam in acting like a 20 year old instead of the adult in the room.