Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
I don't think we will know until they have hit the floor a few times together come fall....all we have now are hopes and dreams.
This is every year, so I certainly don’t disagree. But Marysville is also correct. The guys compete in the gym everyday. They know what’s being put together and coming. I believe Obi when he says we have a starting five and then over on the bench we have another starting five.

If we remain healthy, we are loaded. And there are another 10 months or so until the 2020 Dance. Months of going at it with each other pushing each other to get better. I’ve seen teams with a boatload of talent forget they had to work hard and get better because they did have more talent than other A10 teams. So they thought they could just show up and win. Doesn’t work that way anymore. You have to continue to work hard and stay together as a team or you will get beat. With all the guys in the gym that expect to get playing time because of their talent level, I expect competition for that playing time is fierce and everyone will be working to get better everyday. It should be a fun year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (05-07-2019), jpk4ud (05-07-2019)