Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting to see where people fall on this. Personally, while I want success, I don't think I would want a team of 1 and done's every year. On one hand, yes, it's a nice problem to have. But, I love watching the kids grow and improve every year, building up hope and expectations, and having a chance to make something happen. If I want to watch NBA in training for a year, I can go watch G League games, or even NBA games. I love college basketball, and all the things that make it different from pro basketball. The commitment and responsibility that goes with being a student athlete. No fake classes, no doing the minimum just to make sure you can play, etc. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, or more likely, just old, but that's my preference. Still, I can see the allure of knowing every year you'd likely be one of the top schools in the country. But in the end, I'd take Villanova over Duke/Kentucky.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (04-17-2018), Bob G (04-17-2018), CT Flyer (04-17-2018), Donniex3Era (04-17-2018), Radar (04-17-2018), skip69 (04-20-2018), superfan99 (04-17-2018), UDGutter2 (04-17-2018)