Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,593 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post

If you refuse this offer, then by all means STFU at any and all future games you attend as this is your opportunity to prove you know 10% of what you think you know about any sport....and 10% might be generous.

."
I am not sure the answer to getting more officials, as sadly I see many of the new ones in the game for the money, and not the love of sports or the kids. Still plenty of good guys and gals around though, just need more.

I have said for years that when my kids were out of school, sign me up for basketball. However, I might renege on my promise next year as what I witness every weekend at AAU tournaments gets worse all the time. Until parents who do not know or understand the rules learn to STFU, not sure I want the hassle. About the third time someone screams at me because little Susie got bumped, I am afraid I would open up a big old can of whoop ass on them and tell them what I think. By the end of the game may not be anyone but me left in the gym!

From what you have witnessed Rollo, do parents get exponentially worse every year, or do I just have less patience and growing grumpy in my old age?