Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,598 Times in 2,845 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
LaSalle...

Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
UACFlyer, La Salle is already in the A-10.
I know that, Arrow,....my intent wasn't clear and my narrative muddled. What I had in mind was removing current A10 schools to make room for BE schools.

What I should have said was that the A10's LaSalle and Bona, and the BE's Seton Hall, are better fits for the MAAC. Perhaps Providence also.

I was trying to come up with an option that provides space in the A10 for the stronger BE Catholics,....while providing for the weaker BE Catholics....and at the same time removing a few A10 schools that fit better elsewhere.

Having said all that...I don't think it will happen. No school wants to downgrade; LaSalle and Bona would not like the idea....SH and Providence would go nuts.

The A10 is going to lose Temple, Charlotte and quite likely UMass. That makes space in the future. In my opinion, what would be best for the A10 would be defection from the group of seven by one or more of the BE schools. The A10 would benefit from batter balance, i.e., mid-west additions like MU and DU. Butler helped...but the conference is still heavily weighted toward the east coast, in my opinion.

Being a Philly native, I know LaSalle well, incl the fact that they are in the A10.