Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM
General

Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I forget exactly who was involved but in the UD-WSU game, one of our guys set a pick when I think Scooch was bringing the ball up the court. WSU player runs into him pretty hard. Why is that not a foul on the WSU player? How is that different than what happened at the end of VCU-GW game when VCU was taking the ball out of bounds after the made basket and GW player runs into Lewis when another VCU player was running the baseline to inbound the ball?
Because Pollard didn't fall down! This is one of my biggest gripes with the rules of the game and how it's officiated. If KP falls down it's a clear foul and the ref blows the whistle. If KP decides to stay upright it's not a foul.

Extend that to the plays around the basket. If you're Bill Lambier from the Pistons and you get slammed into by the offensive player, but stay straight up and on your feet, it's generally no whistle (if done properly). But if Lambier falls down now the whistle must blow and they pick either charge / block.

That's irrational.