Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,219 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Grant's teams have historically been very good defensive teams. This year was an anomaly, and given a summer to work with with the foundation he has set, the Flyers should see marked improvement next year over this year.

Offensively, the Flyers should be better next year. I expect Crutcher and Davis to improve, and Kostas to put on some muscle. Trey and Josh will bring what they have. Mikesell will be back, and we will get to see Toppin for the first time. Svoboda will hopefully learn the NCAA 3 point line and a quicker release. That is a pretty good nucleus, and I haven't even mentioned the newcomers that we know so far, Matos and Cohill.

So, for next season, barring injuries, I envision a deeper team with an improved offense and a much better defense. And with a deeper team comes the ability to be more aggressive on the boards, as fouls won't be quite as important, there's always a sub.

No reason not to be optimistic about next year. Go FLYERS!

PS, I can envision Dayton making noise in Atlantis.