Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
There is an inherent problem with measuring yourself against one benchmark Shocka. I agree we want to be better than x and we are not yet, but what if x ran into a dry spell and finished in the bottom half of the A10 two years in a row and missed the NCAA's? We caught them and BG hasn't done a thing different. Does he now get an A from you?

x is too small of a sample to target.

RPI, SOS, wins, Conference finishes, NCAA appearances and wins, all measure against the field. Measuring solely against x is fools gold because you could pass them on their way down.
I would assume that the current decade of X's results would be enough to determine that is where we need to be. I would hope that the majority of people on here would be smart enough to realize that if X took a dump, that we wouldn't want our bar set at that point.

Maybe I should have been more specific. I am pretty sure if X fell on their face, they wouldn't be talking about UD setting the bar and trying to achieve what we have. They can simply say they need to get back to where they were from say 2001-2010...We can't do that.

Last edited by shocka43; 10-04-2010 at 05:29 PM..