Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 10:34 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve had a chance to see the game plans that AG and his staff put together for several A10 opponents. Each game plan identified strengths and weaknesses of the opposition. I saw some excellent plans put in place. I saw issues big time with execution on the floor. That comes with a young and inexperienced team.

I saw the prepariation for Rhode Island. The problem was that Rhode Island was too experienced and talented. Good game plan, but just overmatched.

Against VCU game 1, Duquesne game 2 and St. Bonaventure the team really executed the game plan well. The turnaround in the Duquesne games was excellent.

I’ve heard Anthony talk about his issues. The bench has been so erratic that making substitutions has been a crap shoot. Most nights, the bench is awful which makes coaching difficult. The defense has been horrible.

I can tell you that Anthony has been besides himself about the defense since the beginning. The play less zone now and the defense is more physical, but the lack of progress has really disturbed the coach.

I am confused by the timeout strategies. No coach is perfect. Archie had quirks too.

For me, the makeup of this team does not give any good ideas as to the quality of Anthony as a coach. I think a few posters expected him to turn water into wine.

When I see the prep work, I know the coach can scout and prep for opponents.

Last edited by SeasonTicketFan; 02-15-2018 at 11:04 PM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (02-15-2018), Flyer 86 (02-16-2018), MNFats (02-16-2018), ruechalgrin (02-16-2018), TXFlyerFan (02-15-2018), UD62 (02-16-2018)